The desire for all things lovely and wonderful.

4.06.2009

LA BELLA VITA



Lately I have been thinking a lot about tattoos. Since my 18th birthday last July, in fact. I have wanted one for as long as I can recall. However, I don't want to regret it in the future, so I want to pick my tattoo really wisely... It has to have some sort of 'spiritual' meaning to me. I've been thinking about the lovely lotus flower a lot. They are so beautiful. They symbolize the struggle through life at it's most simple form. The lotus flower starts out down in the bottom of a muddy pond and slowly grows up towards the surface moving toward the light. Once it comes up to the surface of the water the lotus blossoms into a beautiful flower. This is similar to the struggle through life. In order to achieve something great in life you must start from the bottom in many cases. I have had my heart set on this for months until several days ago when I saw one of Lindsay Lohan's tattoos on the internet. It's on her backside. It says LA BELLA VITA in a really pretty cursive font. It's Italian for 'a beautiful life.' I think it's very simple, yet very sophisticated. How could I ever get sick of that? I am trying to imagine myself in my 30's, 40's 50's and still loving either one of these tattoos. I am stuck in a huge dilema... I want to get my first tattoo for my next birthday in July, so I still have some time I suppose. Help! Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the compliments! i truly do appreciate all of those things.. i am new at blogging as you can probably tell. i will follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete